Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Future Shock Post

I can see how Toffler could come to that conclusion, but because I live in this age I more than welcome all the information being thrown at me at once. I admit that it takes a while to get used to, but there is an upside to having information so readily at hand. We have the resources to gather and decode a story or article. We can cross reference if need be and then compare this story with that one. Technology had advanced a great deal, I won't dispute that, but the benefits are tremendous. By having everything thrown at us we can pick and choose what's important to us and move on from there. We can compare what was or was not highlighted in one place and go look for answers to those questions somewhere else. The information being pitched to us in great numbers is intimidating I’m sure, but as you focus on one topic and then move on the fear becomes less than if you tried to process it all at once.
I do agree that we today are hungry for information and impatient for change. It seems that instant gratification is no longer fast enough and we want what we want when we want it and it's now. I think that information media will continue to struggle with the rising technology as the future continues, and I hope that I'll be able to keep up with the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment