Monday, February 2, 2009

French Papers

I'm very torn when it comes to the president's media bail out plan. On the one hand, I like the idea of giving out free newspapers in hopes of gaining more readers. Getting people interested in news and reading is always a plus. I also think that the media is a great part of any country and culture, and it's something that needs to be protected. If the newspaper market really needed the help, I definitely think it is important enough to deserve it.
However, the most important part about news is that it be truthful and unbiased. The government should have as little to do with delivering news as possible. If the government's financial ties didn't allow the government to seap in to the news itself, then the bail out plan sounds like a fine idea. If there was any chance of the news catering to the government because of the ties they had, I don't think it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment